Here's another vote for IBM's NPF.  It does indeed work, the only rough bits is
the sort of un-intuitive way you set up printers and different types of output.
 Between the bare bones ISPF panels, a slightly altered NPF exit from CBT tape
to support different forms and seperator pages, and a home written REXX to
summarize the configuration options, we make do and it does the job for our
small number of printers.

Dana