From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dana Mitchell
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [External Sender] Re: LRS VPS Printer Replacment

Here's another vote for IBM's NPF.  It does indeed work, the only rough bits is
the sort of un-intuitive way you set up printers and different types of output.
 Between the bare bones ISPF panels, a slightly altered NPF exit from CBT tape
to support different forms and seperator pages, and a home written REXX to
summarize the configuration options, we make do and it does the job for our
small number of printers.

Dana

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 13:58:43 +0000, Jackson, Rob <rwjack...@firsttennessee.com>
wrote:

>We successfully replaced VPS with NPF, which is included in CommServer.  It's
>not quite as robust as VPS, but considering the price, it works beautifully.
>
>https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ibm.com_suppor
>t_knowledgecenter_en_SSLTBW-5F2.2.0_com.ibm.zos.v2r2.halp001_toc.htm&d=
>DwIFaQ&c=d60WtbP-TE8UTVlwaGeUew&r=0OYrvv-xAtC8gopEzih2fGqhAF71aLLPILdkm
>_E4qhE&m=Eggqe4V6j4HDzCSzZYCekJPNDALqHQkFg8c7hiJdAxY&s=STdAp-9OQtbRaDbu
>7bcaVVSkcwOJt49B7tcA1vcoRLw&e=

DISCLAIMER:All information contained in, and/or attached to, this message is
privileged or confidential and is protected from disclosure. If the reader of
this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.