Another vote for MacKinney's JQP.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] [External Sender] Re: LRS VPS Printer Replacment

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 8:42 AM, Carroll, William <
carro...@grangeinsurance.com> wrote:

> Another vote for NPF.  I have the same exact situation as Dana.  Works
> well.  We do CICS , Mainframe, Network, printing all through the same
> devices.  Not one issue for over 2 years.

​I got NPF working and it did well. However, it was (is still?) hard to
administer. So hard that the VTAM person (we actually still had SNA 3270 nodes
via Visara controllers) decided that it was unacceptable. We went with
MacKinney's JQP. It was easier to administer than NPF (but not as easy as VPS);
reliable (we still use it); and relatively inexpensive.​

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown