On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 9:06 AM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 09:25:45 -0500, Gord Tomlin wrote:
> >
> >All the make tools share an annoying reliance on tab characters.
> >
> Actually, some (I don't recall which) will accept indention by blanks.
>
> Tab was a bad design choice.
>
> -- gil

​I haven't tried the following (at bottom of page)
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2131213/can-you-make-valid-makefiles-without-tab-characters

====

There is a convoluted way of have a valid makefile without tabs.

If you change your makefile to read:

target: dependencies; command1; command2

If will work. If you want it on more than one line, then you can do:

target: dependencies; \
command1; \
command2

Messy, but it works.

====​

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove
it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown