Sri h Kolusu wrote:

>>>Elardus : Careful, Sri will SORT you out... ;-D
>Nooo. I am not a RACF expert, So I have to agree with Robert.

Hahaha, and I am not a SORT expert. ;-)

>You can try the JCL that I sent offline and see if that works

Amazing example. ONE pass with SS statement and various type of selection.

I also tested out the SS with a string like ABC, it will catch ids ABCD,
ABC123, ABC, etc. Amazing.

I am amazed how you use Symbolic names and then re-use them in the BUILD
statement.

So instead using 055:<location which can change in the future>,008,

... this is one looking better: 055:EVT_USER_ID,

So, I can then use the symbolic list in a dataset and have all my jobs refer to
that. One place to change if the IRRADU00 output changes in the future.

Ok, what I am currently doing is this:

I use a COPY and then using OUTFILE to direct the output to different Temp
datasets (think a 'splice' in other way) based on selection criterias. Then the
DISPLAY is used to make the output pretty and place them somewhere else for
distribution.

With this setup I could also do an ONE-PASS of the IRRADU00 or IRRDBU00 outputs
and produces various reports with ONE jobstep.

//TOOLIN     DD *
  COPY    FROM(INDD) USING(ALSS)
  DISPLAY FROM(TEMPAA) LIST(PRINTAA) -
           TITLE('ADDUSER')-
  DISPLAY FROM(TEMPAW) LIST(PRINTAW) -
        TITLE('ALTUSER')-
... etc ...

//ALSSCNTL DD *
  OPTION  VLSHRT
  OPTION DYNSPC=512,SIZE=E999999999,MAINSIZE=MAX
  SORT   FIELDS=(32,10,CH,A,23,8,CH,A,63,8,CH,A)
  OUTFIL FNAMES=TEMPAA,
         INCLUDE=(5,8,CH,EQ,C'ADDUSER')
   OUTFIL FNAMES=TEMPAW,
         INCLUDE=(5,8,CH,EQ,C'ALTUSER')

Many thanks Sri for your excellent example.

And thanks to Bruce to start the whole story.

Thank too to Robert S Hansel for assisting all of us.

Now, today is Friday and I think everything is SORTed out.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht