John McKown wrote:

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM, Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com>
wrote:

In Systems/C , this is simply:

  #include <machine/tiot.h>
  #include <stdio.h>

 main()
 {
    printf("Job name is %s\n", __jobname());
 }

That is a nice enhancement for the C language under z/OS. As a general
rule, I _try_ to avoid any functions which start with one or two
underscores. These are generally "reserved" for the implementer and so may
not be available on a different compiler. The __jobname() is a nice example
of a reasonable extension for z/OS, or z/VSE. Another nice one might be
__userid() to return the RACF id under which the process is running. ​

Hi John,

Yes - identifiers that begin with double-underscore are reserved
for the C implementation; that's why our implementation uses
those (to avoid conflicts.)

Along with __jobname(), we have:

   __stepname()
   __procname()
   __get_cpuid()
   __userid()

 which can make it very handy indeed.   The Dignus C library
manual has more details.

     - Dave R. -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847