On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 02:19:40 -0500, Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net> wrote:

>We are in the process of migrating to z/OS 2.3, and I want to use the new
>IRRPRMxx parmlib member. The documentation in oa52560 is suspiciously silent
>on how to activate this in a sysplex data sharing environment, so I went
>through the RACF books.
>
>It seems that IRRPRMxx can only be activated with a sysplex wide IPL.
>Certainly it will not be used in a sysplex environment with two systems (when
>the other has toleration but still uses ICHDSNT due to it being 2.1):
>*ICH555A ICHRDSNT FOR MEMBER mem1
>         DOES NOT MATCH ICHRDSNT FOR IRRXCF00 GROUP.
>         GROUP ICHRDSNT IS USED.
>         CORRECT THE PROBLEM AFTER THE IPL TO
>         AVOID A FUTURE SYSTEM OUTAGE.
>
>Is there a way that I just haven't seen to activate this via rolling IPL?
>(Right out of the box, obviously!)

Sounds like a question better directed to RACF-L, where the IBM RACF team will
see it.

My guess: Not within a single sysplex. (But that is purely a guess.)

If you were willing and able to break systems off one-by-one into a new sysplex
you could probably do it system-by-system, but I can't predict what would be
involved in having a second active sysplex for your environment.

--
Walt