From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Barbara Nitz
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 3:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: IRRPRMxx

This email originated from outside of the organization.

We are in the process of migrating to z/OS 2.3, and I want to use the new
IRRPRMxx parmlib member. The documentation in oa52560 is suspiciously silent on
how to activate this in a sysplex data sharing environment, so I went through
the RACF books.

It seems that IRRPRMxx can only be activated with a sysplex wide IPL. Certainly
it will not be used in a sysplex environment with two systems (when the other
has toleration but still uses ICHDSNT due to it being 2.1):
*ICH555A ICHRDSNT FOR MEMBER mem1
         DOES NOT MATCH ICHRDSNT FOR IRRXCF00 GROUP.
         GROUP ICHRDSNT IS USED.
         CORRECT THE PROBLEM AFTER THE IPL TO
         AVOID A FUTURE SYSTEM OUTAGE.

Is there a way that I just haven't seen to activate this via rolling IPL?
(Right out of the box, obviously!)

Barbara