On 4/10/2018 7:14 PM, Phil Smith III wrote:

Seriously, I'm chary of doing something just to fit some arbitrary rule like
"more than n arguments is bad". This reminds me of the "GOTOs are bad": yes,
they often are, but there are plenty of cases where a simple GOTO makes the
code MUCH simpler. Taking it back to Rexx, use of SIGNAL for error handlers
is such a case. I'm sure this will set off a bunch of folks, but I maintain
that code like this:

Yet folks say "Oooh, SIGNAL is like GOTO, and GOTO is unequivocally bad, so
I must not use SIGNAL". And this results in fugly, unreadable code.

Phil,

Heck, I still get crap for using LEAVE and ITERATE.

Regards,
Tom Conley