On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Brian Westerman <
brian_wester...@syzygyinc.com> wrote:

> z/pdt and Hercules both run z/OS on PC's.  That's the platform combination
> I meant.  Getting your volumes to your PC based z/OS is what I thought the
> purpose was for this op.

​I would think, in that case, that it would be "better" to dump the volumes
onto an actual tape media (likely virtual) , then use AWSTAPE​ to create a
"virtual tape" DSN on disk. This could then be binary ftp'd down to the PC
running zPDT and the file "mounted" to z/OS on a virtual (AWS) tape device.

> Since the op wanted to transmit their Volume to their PC, my assumption
> was that they "probably" wanted to use it there for some purpose other than
> just something to take up space on their hard drive :)

​I was thinking it was an intermediate node. z/OS -> PC -> z/OS.​

--
We all have skeletons in our closet.
Mine are so old, they have osteoporosis.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown