On 4/21/2018 11:13 AM, Gord Tomlin wrote:
On 2018-04-21 05:27, Wayne Bickerdike wrote:
I always terse the dump first, seems problematic if you don't.

ADRDDSU DUMP, TERSE, FTP in Binary.

Reverse the process on the next MVS platform.

That's exactly what we've been doing for years, and it works fine.

--

Regards, Gord Tomlin

Wayne and Gord are correct, you MUST terse a DFDSS dump before downloading to a PC, FTPing over the internet, etc. It's the only way to ensure that the dump dataset is correctly rebuilt prior to RESTORE on the target system. And don't hit me with FTP EBCDIC BLOCK, that only works 99% of the time. I've hit the 1% where it doesn't, and I don't need that headache again. TERSE works 100% of the time.

Regards,
Tom Conley