On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:52 AM, David W Noon <
0000013a910fd252-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 16:34:43 +0000, Sankaranarayanan, Vignesh
> (vignesh.v.sankaranaraya...@marks-and-spencer.com) wrote about "IEFA107I
> when pointing to dataset alias" (in
> <DB3PR02MB038035CC3845AB536C629CF7DA820@DB3PR02MB0380.
> eurprd02.prod.outlook.com>):
>
> > Let's say I have A.DATA.SET in APF and LNK.
> > I then create B.DATA.SET as an alias to A.DATA.SET
>
> Are the A and B HLQs aliased to the same catalogue?
>
> The alias will be in the catalogue for A, and if DSN lookups for B.*
> don't go to the same catalogue then the lookup for your alias will not
> be found.
> --
> Regards,

​RCF time, I guess. I tested and you are correct (of course). But the
manual does not say anything about the ALIAS name being required to be in
the same catalog as the base name.​

--
We all have skeletons in our closet.
Mine are so old, they have osteoporosis.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown