It is best to keep everything in the same UCAT. Makes for a happy system

Could you explain what you are trying to do?

I have used SYMBLICREALTES and SYSTEM SYMBOLS to add things like release levels
in datasets, without the user having to change the JCL

For example.  A.R111.B.C  would be related to A.B.C  which the end user always
uses  and the R111 could be a system symbol that could be dynamically changed as
need.

Lizette