What I said below is for load modules and program objects in PDSEs.

  For BPX1LOD, it is a little different.
RENT modules are loaded into subpool 252 regardless of the authorization
of
the file from which they are loaded (since this was new stuff in the
1990s, it
didn't have to be compatible with the screwy way load modules had worked
for a long time).

  Also, BLX1LOAD doesn't do the REFRPROT stuff for REFR objects
(probably because of my ignorance about its existence when I implemented
REFRPROT).

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

> From: Jim Mulder/Poughkeepsie/IBM
> To: ibm-main@listserv.ua.edu
> Date: 05/24/2018 05:34 PM
> Subject: Re: How to get BPX loadhfs (BPX1LOD) to load module into
> writable memory?
>
>   PGSER PROTECT is the corresponding service for the 0K-2GiB range.
>
>   RENT modules from APF authorized libraries are loaded into
> subpool 252 (key 0, non-fetch protected).    If the undocumented
> CSVRENTSP252 trap is enabled in DIAGxx, subpool 252 is also used for
> RENT modules from unauthorized libraries.
>
>   If REFRPROT is in effect via PROGxx or SETPROG, REFR modules
> are loaded into subpool 252 (regardless of whether or not the library is
> APF authorized), and the full 4K pages are protected via
> PGSER PROTECT.
>

> Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
> Poughkeepsie NY

> John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com> wrote on 05/24/2018 03:58:29
PM: