>OK.  You posted from "Glossary" (which I hadn't noticed):

No, I did not. The paragraph I posted is from chapter 2 "Creating programs from
source modules", topic "Module reusability", page 30.

I was looking up in the z/OS V2.2 issue of that manual. When I read the text
you posted, I thought IBM has changed the text in the V2.3 issue. Not so. There
seem to be contradicting definitions of RENT on the very same manual.

As long as I know, the rule I cited has been in place. This rule allows a
program to modify its own storage, and still be used in a reenterable way, this
disallowing it to be loaded into write-protected storage.

As long as I know, there was the special rule for modules loaded from APF
authorized libraries.

I have not noticed the paragraph you posted until now. The wording "ordinarily"
does not exclude above case. However, the wording related to z/OS UNIX:

 "... These cases include programs which the system treats as having been
loaded from an authorized library, and also programs running under UNIX unless
a debugging environment has been specified."

... surely cannot be correct. LOAD will still abide to the same rules, no
matter whether the LOAD SVC was called from a dubbed task or a non-dubbed task.
At least I hope so.

It is ok for the "new" service BPX1LOD to behave differently. However, this
different behaviour must be clearly documented, which it is not.

Apart from BPX1LOD, loading program objects from the UNIX file system should be
no different as loading a program object (or load module) from a load library.

If a (RENT) program is in a (non APF-authorized) load library, it can simply be
copied into the file system, and vice versa.

I would expect both to behave identically. The former being loaded into SP251,
the later into SP252?? Really?? If true, the sticky bit will change the
behaviour of loaded code unexpectedly.

--
Peter Hunkeler