<devilsadvocate>
Do they really need to lock their TSO screen?  Isn't having a windows
locktime sufficient?

While this setting was certainly important during the golden age of
terminals... how many of us actually use a terminal anymore?  In the last
10 years?  In the last 20 years?

How many have a corporate defined windows screen lock? (I can't comment on
Linux.. maybe some others can chime in)

What actual security is enhanced by locking a 3270 terminal that is not
addressed by locking the medium used to access the 3270 session?
(this may be turning into a rant)

I haven't actually given this much thought or examined my own reasoning for
demanding locked sessions and auto-logoff for 3270.. but is the practice
actually providing the security benefit so many time espoused and demanded?

</devilsadvocate>

Rob Schramm

p.s. If I have gone too far afield in this thread.. I can start another
one.