From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu> on behalf of
John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 7, 2018 2:26 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Weird thought for ISPF enhancement

On Thu, Jun 7, 2018 at 12:57 PM Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

> There were still 3290s used as consoles in the 2000s. I wish that I had a
> 3290-compatible TN3270 client.

​YES, from your mouth to a vendor's ear. I would love the ability to have a
single TN3270E client which implemented​ "partitioned" mode so that I do
could an ISPF VSPLIT. I don't really see the need for a multi-LU mode like
the 3290 had.

--
Rap music is performed by those that can not sing so others can not think.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown