On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 07:03:21 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>1) I think it would be nice if I could do a "SUBMIT" command in ISPF option
>2 when I have a list of UNIX files displayed, rather than members of a PDS.
>Yes, I know that I could do an RYO REXX exec. I just don't wanna {grin}.

Yes.  Likewise for 3.17.

>2) In SDSF, I quite often want to resubmit a job, as is, which is in the
>output queue. At present, I do an SJ on it, followed by "submit;end;;". I
>would also like a SDSF line command, preferably named SUBMIT, which would
>do this for me. Again, RYO is a possibility, but ... .

Yes.  And sometimes finding the job ID can be tricky.  Pedro Vera suggested
screen scraping.  Crude but effective.

On occasion I have been sorely vexed when I hastily issued SUBMIT from the
SJ panel and discovered my sysins truncated to 80 characters.  SUBMIT from
SJ should preserve the attributes of the original job on resubmit.

-- gil