On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 15:02:35 -0400, Steve Smith <sasd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'll grant you have a point... but I thought the national characters were
>defined as x'5B', x'7B', and x'7C', regardless of how displayed.

Correct. The hex value is the important part. Depending on your codepage and/or
keyboard it may look like a completely different character. But if you have
something that not code-page aware and expects a $ (dollar sign) then it's
looking for x'5B'. You have to type whatever character on your keyboard will
give you that hex value.

--
Walt