How does Zowe play with the zConnect product ? Sounds like I'm starting to
get WLP servers breeding over night !

Jerry Whitteridge
Delivery Manager / Mainframe Architect
GTS - Safeway Account
602 527 4871 Mobile
jerry.whitteri...@ibm.com

IBM Services

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
08/17/2018 08:50:56 AM:

> From: Bruce Armstrong <armst...@us.ibm.com>
> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date: 08/17/2018 08:51 AM
> Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Zowe install woes
> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>
> Correct (and I am interpreting you definition of a "z/OS system" to mean
> one LPAR.......In addition to 2 Libertys there is at least one node.js
> instance for the web ui. There are also started tasks for API Mediation
> (using Spring boot) and currently a security server - we are looking how
> reduce the number of server instances but this is a "today" statement.
>

> Bruce Armstrong
> IBM System Z Offering Manager- zowe.org
> 4205 S MIAMI BLVD, DURHAM NC 27703-9141
> Email: armst...@us.ibm.com
> Tel: 919-254-8773
> Cell: 919-931-3132
>

> From:   Gord Tomlin <gt.ibm.li...@actionsoftware.com>
> To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date:   08/17/2018 11:23 AM
> Subject:        Re: [EXTERNAL] Zowe install woes
> Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>

> On 2018-08-17 10:56, Bruce Armstrong wrote:
> > Zowe is open source ......it uses z/OSMF (which runs on Liberty and is
> not
> >
> > open to additional uses)......Zowe ships a copy of Liberty and we are
> >
> > working on how to allow extensions to run in the Zowe supplied Liberty.
>
> To ensure that everyone is 100% clear, any z/OS system running Zowe will
> be running a minimum of two Liberty instances, the system-provided one
> for z/OSMF and the Zowe-provided one?
>
> --
>
> Regards, Gord Tomlin
> Action Software International
> (a division of Mazda Computer Corporation)
> Tel: (905) 470-7113, Fax: (905) 470-6507
> Support:
> INVALID URI REMOVED
> u=https-3A__actionsoftware.com_support_&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0avyVTgpzBFlo1QAgHxCtqKtRE6Ldl_1M9tI2p7Kc8E&m=p51g5yADouFoU2CbrwjNyW9U6A91xauBHj248K8gzeY&s=Khk4Du8zcLfs7ZjJ4yR2bz9MeIGafcLa_CGnwMFwBS4&e=