Sorry I have not been able to comment on each post - I get a lot of emails
these days. I would like to make a point (and please understand I am
trying to give a different view to cause people to realize the purpose
behind Zowe). If you know what ISPF is and are happy with it ....you may
not be the target market for Zowe. Zowe is primarily targeted for the
"next gen" sysprog who does not have 30+ years of  learning the the
nuances of z/OS and ISPF. We debate what next gen really means - its the
between skill level that is learning z/OS but not 100% skilled in all
aspects of z/OW.  New gen likely knows browsers, REST APIs, and command
lines. Zowe includes 3270 emulation to bridge the ISPF world and web apps
for z/OS. This is a journey and we are just getting started. Yes we need
to worry about concurrent updates of datasets. Please consider joining the
zowe project and contribute what the future will be. The next gen needs
the expertise that uses this listserv.

Bruce Armstrong
IBM System Z Offering Manager- zowe.org
4205 S MIAMI BLVD, DURHAM NC 27703-9141