On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:59:40 +0200, Peter Hunkeler  wrote:

>So this is the first time I really care for leap seconds. I need a conversion
>from TOD clock value to readable format in REXX. Found the BLSUXTOD service.
>Works nice. so far so good.
>
>The PoP has a table of TOD clock values taking care of the 26 leap seconds
>inserted so far. The last one was inserted on June 30, 2015 after 23:59:59. So
>there is a valid time stamp 23:59:60 on June 30st, just before July 1st,
>00:00:00.
>
>If I take the value for July 1st, 2015 from the PoP table and subtract the
>equivalent of one second I understand this is the TOD value for June 30
>23:59:60. Am I mixing up things?
>
>If all is correct so far, I think BLSUXTOD is in error. It does not take care
>of the leap seconds. For the above value, it returns July 1st, 2015 00:00:25

Apparently.  The TOD clock runs 10 seconds behind TAI;  UTC is presently 35
(I'm sorta guessing.)  That would account for 25 seconds.  26?
    http://hpiers.obspm.fr/eop-pc/index.php
... says 37.  But:  Last leap second: 31 December 2016  TAI - UTC: 37 s

    https://www.iana.org/time-zones
... is customary on most UNIX-like systems.  z/OS doesn't use it.  I've played
with
it on Linux.  There's a directory hierarchy called "right" which appears to
account
for leap seconds.  Injecting an artificial time() value as you did, I do see
23:59:60.

It's time for z/OS to get its head out of the 20th Century.

-- gil