See: https://www.iana.org/time-zones

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 10:41:30 -0400, Jim Mulder wrote:

>  BLSUXTOD does not know the context of the TOD clock value you are passing,

Context?  Shouldn't values of properly set TOD clocks read at the same time
be identical world-wide?  (I think we can ignore General Relativistic
adjustments.)

>and does not attempt to account for time zones or leap seconds.  When you
>use BLSUXTOD, you are expected to any adjustments of interest to you
>before calling BLSUXTOD.

IOW, BLSUXTOD does the easy part and leaves the hard part for the user.
This appears to be the same defect as in STCKCONV and CONVTOD which,
I suspect may be the underlying service.

When the user has a log with timestamps in TOD format and needs the
corresponding civil times, those adjustments must be made.  It's unreasonable
to expect the user rather than the computer to do it.

It's time for z/OS to get its head out of the 20th Century.

-- gil