On 10/10/2018 8:52 AM, Tom Marchant wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:36:52 -0400, Brian France  wrote:

Yes we did. That was my thread as we both posted thinking the
other wasn't. According to ACF2 doc and from what I see by dumping my
ACF2 logs calls are NOT being made to SERVER.NOPARM as ACF2 ignores them
by default. I even coded a SERVER.NOPARM rule to allow us access in case
I was missing something. And according to their doc they state the same
in that IF the call is ignored the fallback is to ISFPARMS data set.
According to the ACF2 doc? Or the SDSF doc?
           The ACF2 doc. So really both the SDSF doc AND the ACF2 doc seem to indicate that IF no SDSF address space then fallback to ISFPARMS data set.

We
really don't want to go thru the whole SAF/ACF2 setup.
All I know about this is what I saw in Rob's post.
"The user must have READ access to the SERVER.NOPARM resource in the
SDSF class so that ISFPARMS can be used instead of ISFPRMxx."
That sounds pretty clear to me. I read "must" as a requirement.
    I agree. So possibly I do need to try to make that call active in ACF2 land even tho their doc states not needed.

I'm hoping
*MAYBE* we can just implement SDSF/SDSFAUX with the ISFPRMxx member
after we try the convert of our current ISFPARMS.
"To connect to the SDSF server, the user must have READ access to the
ISF.CONNECT.system resource in the SDSF class."
There is another pesky "must".
             Ya I saw that. Wonder how many more "pesky musts" will rear their head. LOL...

--
Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan