From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Frank M. Ramaekers
Sent: den 24 oktober 2018 20:22
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: z/OS BDAM question

I'm a z/VM and z/VSE shop, but we do have a z/OS system and someone in IT want
to know if BDAM can be larger than 65535 tracks.   Is this limitation per
extent or entire file size.

>From the z/VSE LISTSERV:
I believe it is 65K tracks per extent with a maximum of 255 extents for BDAM,
but I can't find any doc to verify that right now.

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. | Systems Programmer | Information Technology | American
Income Life Insurance Company | 254-761-6649 (732-6649)

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use
of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@torchmarkcorp.com.