[Default] On 7 Nov 2018 16:09:34 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
charl...@mcn.org (Charles Mills) wrote:

>Good thing it was before the days of z/OS. What does the z in z/OS stand for?
>AFAIK "zarchitecture" is not an English word.

The better explanation of MVS is that once the IBM acronym is
established, IBM has been known to change what it stands for.  ISPF is
the classic case.  I believe it started out as structured programming
facility then became system productivity facility and finally
interactive system productivity facility.

Clark Morris