On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 21:19:28 +0000, Mike Schwab wrote:

>Would the XML parser create and read the necessary structure?  If not,
>I think it could be modified for the different syntax needed.

I suppose an associative array could be represented by a B-tree and COBOL
could support B-trees.  SMOP.

Populating such a B-tree is another matter.  I know of no documented
interface, not even including EXECOM, to extract a complete description
of the data represented by a Rexx compound symbol.

>On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 9:13 PM Clark Morris wrote:
>>
>> [Default] On 28 May 2019 09:51:13 -0700,  (Seymour J Metz) wrote:
>>
>> >The Sun is hot. ADDRESS LINKMVS is not relevant to the REXX support in
>> >SDSF, which does something that ADDRESS LINKMVS does not address. Until
>> >such time as COBOL supports associative arrays that a subroutine can
>> >update, those facilities will not be available from COBOL.

I introduced LINKMVS to say that ICSF, as an example, which is not SDSF,
can be called with LINKMVS and returns replies in a format friendly to both
Rexx and Assembler, and probably COBOL.

-- gil