From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Farley, Peter x23353 <peter.far...@broadridge.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Is there any way to convert RECFM=U to RECFM=V with a utility or
script?

Hi Sri,

Tried that, the first step works without a problem but the second one fails
with a SYNAD error, "WRNG.LN.RECORD".  I found out that some of the records are
actually up to 225 or so bytes, and changed the "200" values to 250 but still
got the SYNAD error.

The actual physical records are varying length but with no BDW/RDW prefix, the
physical blocks are no more than about 225 bytes long, some as short as 50
bytes or so.

A Rexx script did the job with no errors though.

Peter