On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 08:16:39 +0000, Martin Packer wrote:

>Three I can think of straightway:
>
>1) No Linux sysproging

I'd expect, rather, the Linux sysproging to be similar, but
no VM sysproging.
>2) WLM workload management

>3) Proximity to the data

Classic data sets, or zFS, or DB2, or other (specify).  And there remains
the EBCDIC nightmare.

Security/integrity concerns.  Will users be able to log on to Linux
with RACF credentials and access all their z/OS resources?  Classic
PDS serialization is cast in stone; NFS obeys ISPF's ENQ rules.

>I think it’s going to be VERY interesting ts see what architectures and
>operational regimes people come up with.

>> On  5 Jul 2019, at 11:22, Jake Anderson wrote:
>>
>> Just curious about 2.4 ?
>>
>> Running Linux as an address space in zOS will have an advantage over the
>> linux on zVM ?

-- gil