A question has come up regarding something called the MIGRATABLE attribute that the Binder can assign to a program object. It's not an attribute that the user can assign, only the binder can assign it in response to its own analysis of the structure and needs of the Object.

My question is, what precisely does the MIGRATABLE attribute mean? I have looked in the manuals, I can fine a few references to it but no definition of it. So my specific questions are:

1) When a Program Object is MIGRATABLE, what can it be migrated from? What can it be migrated to?

2) What are the differences between A MIGRATABLE Program Object and a non-MIGRATABLE Program Object? What would exist in a non-MIGRATABLE Program Object that would prevent it from being MIGRATABLE?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Cole
ColeSoft Marketing
414 Third Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA 22902
EADDRESS:    dbc...@colesoft.com

Home page:   www.colesoft.com
LinkedIn:    www.xdc.com
Facebook:    www.facebook.com/colesoftware
YouTube:     www.youtube.com/user/colesoftware

Tools:       z/XDC for Assembler debugging
c/XDC for C debugging