On 2019-08-20 12:48 AM, Ed Jaffe wrote:
On 8/19/2019 7:40 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
Lots of possibilities for what one can do.  Something to bear in mind its a “virtualized” guest so I/O performance will be less than native zLinux performance.  I haven’t seen any good data on the actual differences in performance but that would be interesting.

Linux on Z typically runs under z/VM which virtualizes guests using an extremely high-performing IBM Z hardware virtualization feature called START INTERPRETIVE EXECUTION (or SIE). This hardware feature results in extremely low (but of course not zero) performance degradation when compared to native LPAR.

zCX virtualizes its embedded Linux for Z instance using SIE as well...

I'm curious about how I/O is virtualized? If I install ELK into a zCX container will it use a zFS file system for the Elastic data base?