Lennie Dymoke-Bradshaw wrote:
>The IBM paper reads as if it has been written by
>someone with relatively little System z knowledge.

You seem to be assuming that mainframes don't run Linux and aren't UNIX(TM)
servers. If so, that's not a reasonable assumption.

I agree with Charles Mills. As an analogy, it's still possible to find
useful, basic (at least) information about cancer without reading a dozen
peer reviewed articles published in the New England Journal of Medicine,
The Lancet, and The Journal of the American Medical Association.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM Z & LinuxONE

E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com