Allocation doesn't cause SMF 14/15 to be written. CLOSE (and therefore
OPEN) does.

I guess, from the original post, data is written so presumably some form
of OPEN took place.

Cheers, Martin

Martin Packer

zChampion, Systems Investigator & Performance Troubleshooter, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Blog: