From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of willie bunter
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 10:50 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SMF PUZZLE [EXTERNAL]

 Roger,
I looked for SMF 118 but nothing turned up.  Thanks for the suggestion.
    On Sunday, August 25, 2019, 10:45:43 a.m. UTC, Roger Lowe
<roger_l...@bigpond.com> wrote:

 On Sat, 24 Aug 2019 17:29:30 +0000, willie bunter <williebun...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Good Day,
>I am trying to find the user/job which created a dsn.  I run my trustworthy
>SMF job which looks for recids 05 14 15 17 18 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 136 139
>163.  The job showed the job which read the dsn & deleted it but it doesn't
>show who or which job created it.According to the LISTCAT the creation date of
>the dsn was Thursday Aug. 22.  I read the SMF tape for the previous week and
>subsequent days including Aug 22 & 23.
>I was thinking if the dsn was created by a FTP or an UNIX upload
>process which may not be trapped by SMF Any thoughts?  Any suggestions

If you think it might have been an FTP process, you will need to check out the
SMF 118 records.

Roger

Please note:  This message originated outside your organization. Please use
caution when opening links or attachments.