I only situation I can think of where I could raise a SEV 1 for a compiler ABEND is if it always abended. In my experience I haven't found a compiler abend yet that I couldn't work around.

On 2019-08-27 12:03 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
Drifting off-topic here but when I owned a company with a roomful of developers it used to annoy me that
"CICS is down and all our clerks are dead in the water" was worthy of a Sev 1 in IBM's mind but
"the C compiler is down and all our programmers are dead in the water" was not. "That's a
development issue, not a production issue." I'm sorry, but what we DO here -- our production as it were
-- is development. We produce software products.

Charles