On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 8:27 PM Jon Perryman <jperr...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>     On Thursday, September 5, 2019, 06:06:41 AM PDT, John McKown <
> john.archie.mck...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I completely agree. Unfortunately, we have a number of batch jobs which
> are
>
> > submitted by CICS transactions run by users. The JCL is contained in an
>
> > ASSEMBLER non-CICS program in the DFHRPL. These modules do go through
>
> > change control, but I don't really know how close they are examined.
>
> It should be a simple change to move the JCL from the assembler program to
> the job scheduler. The assembler program would then issue a saf call to
> verify they are allowed to request the job and then use a dataset trigger.
> I don't think the dataset must exist when issuing the trigger rather than
> on dataset close. The trigger event can be specified in the JCL allowing
> the user to pass some data from the CICS transaction.

Technically, that is correct. And, IMO, is much better. But politically, it
is impossible. "That would require a change to our code, which is working
fine. Go AWAY!!!"

Until someone compentent does an audit, nothing will be changed.

--
I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go
into the library and read a good book

Maranatha! <><
John McKown