Hi Charles

We are listening!
https://www-01.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/xlCC++V231ForZOsV23?OpenDocument

This is a web deliverable that co-exists (does not overwrite) the existing xlC
compiler.  I have personally used it to develop C++ code with initializer
lists, emplacements in collections, lambdas, variadic template classes and
other more modern features.

One thing I should point out.  For any non-trivial program, the resulting
executable will require POSIX(ON).  Also, you should compile an entire
application with the new compiler or the old one.  (The object models are not
the same.)

Anyway read the link and give the compiler a try!