I recall some hiccups when I went to POSIX(ON). IIRC code that opened
DD:SYSPRINT formerly did what one would expect. After POSIX it created a UNIX
file named - - you guessed it - - "DD:SYSPRINT". //DD:SYSPRINT fixed it.
CharlesSent from a mobile; please excuse the brevity.
-------- Original message --------From: Paul Gilmartin
<0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> Date: 9/27/19  7:30 PM
(GMT+00:00) To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU Subject: Re: casting with XL C\C++
compiler On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 18:47:42 +0100, Charles Mills wrote:>    ...>FWIW,
POSIX(ON) is not a problem. "My" code all runs POSIX(ON).>What motivation is
there for POSIX(OFF)?  Compatibility with lost source code?>-----Original
Message----->From: Allan Kielstra>Sent: Friday, September 27, 2019 4:41 PM>>We
are listening!
https://www-01.ibm.com/servers/resourcelink/svc00100.nsf/pages/xlCC++V231ForZOsV23?OpenDocument>>This
 is a web deliverable that co-exists (does not overwrite) the existing xlC
compiler.  I have personally used it to develop C++ code with initializer
lists, emplacements in collections, lambdas, variadic template classes and
other more modern features.>>One thing I should point out.  For any non-trivial
program, the resulting executable will require POSIX(ON).  Also, you should
compile an entire application with the new compiler or the old one.  (The
object models are not the same.)--
IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,send email to