On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:30 PM scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> I have a bit of an issue I am trying to resolve in Assembler. We use a
> skeleton exit from another vendor and it has been working fine.
> It is re-entrant and keep seeing normal WTO's , i.e. ;  WTO
> 'XXXXX',ROUTCDE=11 , are not appearing on SYSLOG. We are using the
> WTOS to track through the flow of the exit. Could what i am seeing the exit
> being re-entrant and since WTO's use R1 that R1 is being destroyed by
> some task  ??
>
> Scott
>
> --

Not every WTO goes to SYSLOG. A message can be suppressed my an MPF exit,
or an "automated operations" package. Even without those, a message must
pass some criteria to be included. Those are listed here :
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.ieag300/iea3g371.htm
(there
is "Have the “hardcopy only” message delivery attribute" which migt be OK).

To me the simplest way to ensure it is written to the SYSLOG is to use a
DESC of either 1, 2, 3, 11, or 12. 1 is "Systen Failure" (nope, wouldn't
use that). 2 is "Immediate Action Required" (nope). 3 is "Eventual Action
Require" (perhaps). 11 is "Critical Eventual Action Required" (nope). 12 is
"Important Information" (sound good to me).

Of course, check that R1 is correct and then check R15 upon return to see
if something "bad" happened.

Also, as an alternative to WTO is the WTL macro.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.ieaa900/iea3a9_Description23.htm
But
IBM says "IBM® recommends you use the WTO macro with the MCSFLAG=HRDCPY
parameter instead of WTL, because WTO supplies more data than WTL."

--
People in sleeping bags are the soft tacos of the bear world.
Maranatha! <><