From: Andrew Rowley <and...@blackhillsoftware.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Mon, Dec 9, 2019 11:31 pm
Subject: Re: GIT z/OS - ftp to mainframe - record length issue

On 9/12/2019 11:29 pm, Denis wrote:
> I had the same issue, because the mainframe is not allowed to access anything
> outside. So git clone does not work.

Presumably the mainframe can do a git clone from *somewhere*, otherwise
you wouldn't install zigi. So you could clone the Gihub repo to a local
repository the mainframe can reach, and clone that from z/OS. That's the
advantage of git.

You would then periodically fetch the changes from Github into the local
repository as required to keep up to date.

--
Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software