On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 08:48:23 +0000, Martin Packer wrote:

>BTW on the Mac there are at least 3 other options:
>
>Python
>In-built Apache/PHP
>Filezilla

It could be worse.  I've encountered a Linux system that made
"telnet" a link to "ssh".

They ain't the same.

>From:   Denis
>Date:   10/12/2019 08:40
>
>I was not precise enough, I did the git clone in the mac, but it lacks an
>FTP command line client, so the FTP was done from the Windows 10 in VMware
>Fusion sharing the macbooks directory.

So, in effect the shared folder is a binary transfer from Mac to the Windows
guest with the wrong delimiter for Windows.

But still, z/OS conventionally converts:
    ASCII x'0A' <-> x'15'EBCDIC.  For FTP to do otherwise ought to
be an APARable deviation.  For example, try transferring your file in
BINARY, then using "iconv -f ISO8859-1 -t IBM-1047'.  I'd expect you
to see x'15'.

I hate EBCDIC!
gil