From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jousma, David
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SE/HMC driver update duration [EXTERNAL]

I don’t know that a couple days are accurate, unless the CE just doesn’t want
to work more than 8 hours.   I will tell you though that it was a lengthy
process.   Probably 8-10 hours if I remember right when we made that jump a
year or so ago.   We normally allot 5-6 hours of time for IBM to complete
before our maintenance window, and in this particular case, we almost blew
through our window of work because the updates ran so long.  WE now schedule a
12 hour window for IBM to do their work just because of this.  My team mate,
might see this post and offer up a bit more information.

Dave Jousma
AVP | Manager, Systems Engineering

Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand Rapids, MI
49546
616.653.8429  |  fax: 616.653.2717