From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Jake Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 7:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SE/HMC driver update duration

We have one CEC plus one SE and HMC.

Updating from 32 to 36.

On Wed, 18 Dec, 2019, 3:11 PM Jousma, David, <
000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> I don’t know that a couple days are accurate, unless the CE just doesn’t
> want to work more than 8 hours.   I will tell you though that it was a
> lengthy process.   Probably 8-10 hours if I remember right when we made
> that jump a year or so ago.   We normally allot 5-6 hours of time for IBM
> to complete before our maintenance window, and in this particular
> case, we almost blew through our window of work because the updates
> ran so long.  WE now schedule a 12 hour window for IBM to do their
> work just because of this.  My team mate, might see this post and
> offer up a bit more information.

> _______________________________
> Dave Jousma
> AVP | Manager, Systems Engineering
>
> Fifth Third Bank  |  1830 East Paris Ave, SE  |  MD RSCB2H  |  Grand
> Rapids, MI 49546
> 616.653.8429  |  fax: 616.653.2717

::DISCLAIMER::
________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission.
The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore
not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or
opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and
may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any
form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written
consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have
immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for
viruses and other defects.