Hi

The intent is certainly to enable other languages where there is interest - and
we created the DLL interface to make it as easy as possible to do that (either
by IBM or by 3rd parties).
perl is a candidate that is on the 'could be done in the future' list (as
always, no commitments but it's a reasonable request). For awk, I'm wondering
if using the core services in a stream gives you most of what you need? I know
I pipe stuff into awk all the time from the ZOA utilities to 'fix up' the
output (same with grep). Curious what you think

thanks, mike