35 years ago, I started teaching Dept of Energy sysprogs that with proper communications, there were only three things we could not do.

1) mount / unmount tapes on tape drives
2) tear paper off the printer
3) press the power button

When we finally got rid of the Mainframe last August, there were no tapes or printers. (Yeah I went into the machine room to press the power button). But it took management's disease paranoia to get them past their need to see me touching a keyboard to believe I was really working.

/Tom Kern