From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Elaine Beal
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 9:00 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: JES2 Checkpoint Size 1.13 to 2.2

We are migrating from 1.13 to 2.2 in a MAS sysplex.
JES2 WARM start, no parm changes.
Checkpoint in z11 mode.
Of course I'm trying to get around having to define a separate JES on 2.2 LPAR
A cold start is a possibility. Right now that's the only possible 'fix' that I
see

When I IPL the first LPAR on 2.2 (gotten around several errors) but now seeing
an error on the CKPT size.
Based on the message and doc I don't see any additional requirement.

$HASP537 THE CURRENT CHECKPOINT USES--532 4K RECORDS
$HASP710 this level is incompatible with one or more active members...meber is
down-level
     I've gotten the down-level before but was able to identify the issue and
get past it
            looking to do the same with this issue

Details below.

Thanks,
Elaine

$HASP537
JES2 issues a message during initialization to inform system programmers of the
checkpoint size requirements for the current checkpoint configuration. If this
is a cold start, the number is based on the parameters specified in the
initialization deck. If this is a warm start the size is based on the current
checkpoint configuration.

>From displays below 532K is what is currently in use at around 90% free If the
>message is based on SIZE requirements (not the 532K in use) what is the issue?
       Using the same JOENUM, JOBNUM, etc.

Is there a parm that can be changed? It would be possible to update both 1.13
LPARs and do another 2.2 IPL

Though not indicated, do I need to cold start?
     ***  There is no doc indicating that 2.2 needs additional space. even if
it did, there is plenty.                ***
     ***   but if it does need more, I can see it expecting to be using only
532K, same as the shared LPAR   ***
     ***  in which case would a 2.2 cold start update both 2.2 and 1.13 with
same utilization?                     ***

$D ACTIVATE
JES2 CHECKPOINT MODE IS CURRENTLY Z11
THE CURRENT CHECKPOINT:
 -- CONTAINS 6100 BERTS AND BERT UTILIZATION IS 5
    PERCENT.
 -- CONTAINS 532 4K RECORDS.
$D CKPTSPACE

  $HASP852 CKPTSPACE
  $HASP852 CKPTSPACE  BERTNUM=6100,BERTFREE=5752,BERTWA
  $HASP852            CKPT1=(CAPACITY=7188,UNUSED=6660)
  $HASP852            CKPT2=(CAPACITY=5388,UNUSED=4860)

CF
STRUCTURE NAME(AAAMVSP_CKPT1) SIZE(3456K)
   FULLTHRESHOLD(0)
   PREFLIST(M3KENG2)