I have to apologize, I'm confusing two different problems I've been worki
ng
on.  The hang condition that Martha reported is not the one related to
HPMA enabled hardware or "logically zero" page states.  Rather, it has to
 do
with some unusual behavior by DB2 for VM (with dataspaces) in its usage o
Diagnose x'10' to release page ranges which include pages that are still
being actively referenced by other threads.  I still would not expect any

other products or applications to expose that problem, though I can't
guarantee that such cases do not exist.  We've never seen or heard of the

problem occurring for SFS with dataspaces (and the exposure isn't dataspa
ce
specific), or anything other than DB2, so I'm fairly confident your syste
will not experience it.

- Bill Holder, IBM z/VM CP Development, Storage Management

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:50:50 -0800, Schuh, Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrot
e:

>Not even SFS with dataspace enabled directories?
>
>Regards,
>Richard Schuh

 On
Behalf Of Bill Holder