Unless IBM considers the hardware center to be the true profit center and the software side profit to be a non-issue.

Tony Thigpen

-----Original Message -----
 From: Edward M. Martin
 Sent: 04/13/2006 12:10 PM
Hello Alan,

This is somewhat of a vent.
        Why does IBM Decision Makers drive smaller Clients away from IBM
(specifically z/VM and VSE)?

        The big software about a year ago was CRM.  Customer Relations
Management (and other names).

        Peter Ducker (Business GURU up in Colorado) indicates that there
is only one PROFIT Center in any organization.  That is a CUSTOMER
willing to pay for your product.

        It does seem (to me) that IBM has customers willing to pay for a
product that IBM has, and IBM is saying 'NO'.

Ed Martin Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ext. 40441