I have a question that pertains to performance.

We currently have 3390 mod 3 defined volumes.  The customer requires a
larger mini disk size than what will fit on a 3390 mod 3.  We are planning
to create 3390 mod 9s for their larger mini disks.  Would someone explain
the performance hit that will occur by placing their data on a larger
volume.  Maybe it is insignificant, but I seem to recall the architecture
permits a limited number of accesses to the device.  If there are a large
number of users who require access at a given time, then the users could end
up waiting for the device?

Please advice.

Thank you.

Cecelia Dusha