If the guest is a CMS user, SFS might be the answer.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

 -----Original Message-----
From:   The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent:   Tuesday, April 25, 2006 9:11 AM
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject:        Re: 3390 Mod 3 verses 3390 Mod 9s

You hit it on the head. Without PAV (Parallel Access Volume) support, a
single volume can perform only one I/O to it at a time. If you combine
three highly active volumes onto a single volume, you will experience
delays.

My question would be: What is going onto this -9 volume? Why can't it be
multi-volume? What "guest" OS will be using this volume (z/OS, z/VM,
CMS, zLinux)? The only thing that I can think of is a really large CMS
filesystem. But that is not sharable, so it is not likely to be a
bottleneck.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.